Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Birthday Celebrations equal Birthday Pounds

My husband and I have birthdays two weeks apart - yay! However, that means we celebrate with outings, friends and food too much too fast.

Last Thursday I took him on a birthday dinner and froyo, Friday we did a happy hour with friends and Patxi's Pizza (at 500+ cals per slice) for dinner - and I made cheesecakes for this celebration. Saturday we went to a wedding and Sunday we went to a brewery with his family for beer and deep fried food, cheesecake again, and brownies. Monday was a day of left overs plus hot Cheetos - one of my faves. During the whole weekend I went on three 2+ mi walks and one 2.75 run. The entire celebration cost me roughly 1.4 lbs and put me back one week and one day. Oops.


That must be why they say it's about the journey, not the destination.

No comments: