Monday, July 27, 2015

Congrats (a couple years delayed) to a great Triathlon

I stopped blogging about sports because I was busy running, swimming, riding and racing back to back. Logically, I got injured and stopped running for almost a year and a half. Here's what happened in between. 


The Carpinteria Triathlon went off without a hitch. I had a blast! Hated the wetsuit I rented. Felt like I was choking in it and couldn't breathe. Eventually, the swim ended and I was on to use the bike I borrowed. The bike portion went great - as I recall. The practice of the hills really paid off. I thought I was ready for the run, yet a 10k never felt so tough. My legs tightened and cramped up. I was so glad when it was over! But it was A LOT of fun. Especially all the training. I can't wait to be in the place where I can train again for another one of these. Maybe a sprint.  Hoping to get a base by the end of 2015 (although we expect another move - hopefully back home) and a honeymoon in September. 










No comments: