Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Run - if you can

Urgh - really? I find myself saying this again, but it's worth repeating.

You know on days when you choose not to run, because you have to get up too early or work harder to get you work finished? Or sometimes we're just not in the mood to run, or would rather do nothing... there comes days where you'll regret these decisions...

So last year I was sidelined with a stress fracture for 3 months, and although I did an ok job running after that and completed another half early this year, on August 1st the beginning of a good running season with plenty of races on the horizon, I busted my shoulder. (6 weeks in a sling, a few more of physical therapy) and I'm on week 5.

Days like yesterday and today that are absolutely fabulous Santa Barbara days, I would not be caught without running if it were absolutely impossible. And days like today really make me regret the days I don't run when I could have run.

Tonight I tweeted (@osum) "Good thing I still have a busted wing I know for a fact if that weren't the case I would ditch tonight's work and school and go on a run!"

1 comment:

Kelly "GeekGirl" said...

Olivia! How bad of an old friend am I?!? I didn't realize you were a runner, much less a running blogger! I just stumbled across your blog when I was finding some local running blogs!